~ Ceyda's Puppies ~
Welcome to Ceyda's Puppies page! This is where we will post the bi-weekly updates for any current litter from Ceyda, and you can also click the link to
zip down to the bottom to see photos of all of Ceyda's past litters!
BORN: May 19th, 2021
These parents will produce *F1 BRITTANYDOODLES* (approximately 50% Brittany --50% Poodle)
Please see our Brittanydoodles 101 page for details and refer to the F1 Brittanydoodle.
This will be Ceyda and Samuel's first litter together and our first Brittanydoodle litter at Pleasant Meadows! We anticipate that their puppies will mature to be in the estimated range of 18 to 28 lbs.
And the following colours are possible:
(MORE COLOURS MAY BE POSSIBLE, AND THE COLOURS LISTED CAN BE SOLID, ABSTRACT, OR PARTI)
Black ~ Orange ~ Chocolate
Please visit our Brittanydoodles Colours page for more colour details.
WAITING LIST FOR THIS PAIRING:
1. Brigid Nelson -- "Darwin" (Orange Boy) ... PAID IN FULL!!
2. Ingrid Holbik -- "Toby" (Green Boy) ... PAID IN FULL!!
3. Norman Evans -- "Lady" (Purple Girl) ... PAIN IN FULL!!
4. Alyssa Gregus -- "Archie" (Blue Boy) ... PAID IN FULL!!
5. Melanie Amos -- "Trout" (Yellow Boy) ... PAID IN FULL!!
6. Beth Wilson -- "Lexie" (Red Girl) ... PAID IN FULL!!
7. Montpetit Family -- "Olive" (Pink Girl) ... PAID IN FULL!!
Sorry! This waiting list is full! All puppies have been paid for in full and are being picked up by their families at 8 weeks of age!
No Puppies Available!
Ceyda and Samuel's puppies are now 8 weeks old! They were at the vet today for their health examination, 1st vaccination and final deworming before leaving Pleasant Meadows! Here are a few photos of the puppies waiting to go inside, and some randomly snapped photos from their health exam:
During our vet's above-average health examination each puppy is checked for the following:
- Eyes (checked for abnormalities or discharge, and the vet will look at the internal eye with an ophthalmoscope)
- Ears (checked for redness/infection or the presence of mites, and the vet will look in the ear with an otoscope)
- Mouth & throat (checked for gum colour, swallow reflex, and teeth alignment)
- Heart (checked for irregular heartbeat patterns or murmurs)
- Lungs (checked for rhythmic breaths and clarity of lungs)
- Stomach palpitation (checked for any signs of bloating, discomfort, or the presence of a hernia)
- Flexion of joints (checked for fluid movement of joints in the hips, knees, and elbows)
- Postural Reflexes (the "paw flip test" checks for proper neurological function where the paw is flipped under so the pads face upwards towards the belly. This is done to see how quickly the puppy rights it's paw so that the pads are flat on the ground/surface again the way a dog would normally bear weight/stand)
- Equilibrium (checked balance by turning the puppy on it's back to make sure the puppy can roll upright again, and assessing the gait of a puppy)
- Temperature (checked for normal body temperature)
- Weight (checked for healthy weight and growth rate)
And once they are deemed healthy, the puppies receive their 1st vaccination which covers:
-Hepatitis (Also called Adenovirus OR CAV2-Hepatitis)-Parainfluenza
And the puppies were also dewormed according to their weights with StrongidT.
Their individual weights are as follows:
Lexie -- 4.6 lbs
Darwin -- 5.2 lbs
Trout -- 4.3 lbs
Toby -- 5.6 lbs
Archie -- 5.5 lbs
Lady -- 4.6 lbs
Olive -- 5.4 lbs
The puppies are all set to go to their new homes, and from the videos that the families received via email yesterday -- it's easy to see how wonderful these puppies are!
They have mastered "sit" and "lay down" and are well underway with their crate training. They are excellent for all grooming procedures, and they are actively going potty outside.
For food, we recommend soaking their kibbles for about 2-5 minutes depending on whether you use hot tap water or boiled kettle water. Each puppy is eating 1/4 of a cup of kibbles and a teaspoon of canned food 3 times daily (morning, afternoon, and evening). The exact timing of their meals is not so much important as simply having 3 fairly evenly spaced meals throughout the day. Remember to take away their water about 2 hours prior to bedtime and give your puppy ample opportunities to go to the bathroom before going in the crate for sleep. The puppies are sleeping in their individual crates from approximately 10pm to 5:30am.
Our vet was very impressed with the puppies calm demeanour during their exam and that they were so quiet in their crates while waiting to be taken out and handed to the vet tech. Toby, in particular, was licking the vet's hand while he was having his heart and lungs listened to with the stethoscope. And all of the puppies made eye contact with the vet and vet tech which is something we love to see in our puppies as it shows trust in humans. They were all very calm and were unphased for their needle poke!
Here is one last photo of this incredible litter together:
We look forward to the families picking up their puppies which will be the start of new adventures! This litter has been a great introduction to our Brittanydoodles here at Pleasant Meadows!
Ceyda and Samuel's puppies are now 6 weeks old and they were chosen over the past week by the families on this list. It was neat to find out what each puppy will be called, and now that the puppies have been fully weaned from nursing Ceyda this week we will use their names as we start teaching the puppies to sit with positive reinforcement training.
This week we have also introduced the puppies to crate training for sleeping in the crate at night time, as well as individual crate time to help prepare them for going to their new homes. We have put together a video showing a snippet of their individual time in a crate:
We continue to be so amazed and proud of how well adjusted this litter is to new experiences! As you can tell, crate training is going very well so far!
Since the puppies are happily diving into their food dish, with messy food comes messy puppies, so the puppies did need some cleaning up before their photos today but they, once again, didn't mind one bit! And while on the subject of food, please don't forget what we mentioned in the 2 week update -- our Brittanydoodle puppies are eating the following food:
(click the below link)
All of the puppies are eating a solid 1/4 of a cup of kibbles that have been softened in water and a teaspoon of canned food mixed in.
We also trimmed the hair by their eyes before their photos and trimmed their nails.
The puppies love their outside time, but it was unfortunately pouring rain today and so we had to do indoor photos. Every time we do take the puppies outside, they enjoy themselves immensely and they are very good at doing their potty business outside. These puppies are definitely going to be pros at thunderstorms with all the rain we have had, but we are also exposing them to as many other sights and sounds as possible!
Here are their individual weights for this week:
4 lbs & 3.5 oz
3 lbs & 10.5 oz
4 lbs & 2.5 oz
4 lbs on the dot
3 lbs & 6.5 oz
3 lbs & 11 oz
3 lbs & 4 oz
As you can see, the puppies have really matured this week in appearance -- it's amazing to compare even from the 5-week choosing! We will share more of the puppies as they learn more skills (like sitting) over the next couple weeks!
Thank you to all the families who will be receiving a puppy from Ceyda and Samuel!
5 week old puppy matches:
It was a hard decision for the first family on the list, but it was a great start to our puppy choosing for Ceyda and Samuel's litter! The puppies had a blast showing off how adorable they are, and we're excited for all the families to choose their puppies! We will post the puppy matches below as the puppies are chosen: