Sept. 29th, 2019
Coming Up Next:
WE NOW OFFER SKYPE VIDEO CALLS
For choosing time at 5-6 weeks of age, we now offer Skype Video Calls to help families choose their puppy! A lot of families kept requesting Skype calls and so we finally gave it a try with our spring litters and it was a roaring success! You can easily view the puppies, see where they have been raised, and see the parents in their true relaxed form. We found that families were able to choose quickly, easily, and decisively based upon the temperament of the available puppies, and the additional information we provide about each one. Often families have a hard time choosing in person because it can be a little bit overwhelming with all the cute puppies around. This can make the process drawn out and the mom and puppies can get stressed from all the activity. We are hoping that a good majority of our families will take advantage of the usefulness of Skype. As a side note, taking advantage of Skype can also save families the exasperation of inching through Toronto traffic and spending anywhere from 6-10 hours away from home (including traffic and visit time).
While Skyping with us to view the puppies, please be sure to hit the VIDEO button when you answer our call (as indicated in the red box)! This allows us to see you at the same that you see us and the puppies! This really helps us to see your reactions to specific puppies for helping to match you to the right puppy and to be able to meet "face to face" is preferred and helps make the Skype call a little more interactive! Thank you!
All of our puppies will be sent home with the following:
Our complimentary Puppy Starter Kits are sent home with each of our puppies as our way of saying THANK YOU for giving one of our puppies a wonderful home! We want all of our puppies to have a smooth transition from our home to yours, and this is one way that we can help out!
- food dish (can also be used for a water dish)
- measuring cup (so you don't have to use your personal kitchen supplies for dog food)
- collar & leash (small size for 2-6 months)
- waste pick-up bags (a roll or two, and sometimes a dispenser as well)
- nail clippers (your puppy's nails will be trimmed)
- brush (your puppy will be brushed)
- stuffed animal or crinkle toy (at least one of those items, and sometimes a ball too)
- Nylabone chew or Kong chew toy (at least one of these items or sometimes both)
- scent blanket (scent of siblings to help your puppy sleep the first few nights)
- puppy training tips (online link will be given)
- compulsory "Taking Puppy Home" Online Instructional that will help prepare you for the care and training aspects of your puppy (exclusive online link will be given to you)
- lifetime breeder support (you can call or e-mail for advise any time!)
- dewormed by breeder at 2, 4, 6 weeks of age (dewormed with Pyrantel Pamoate which is an equivalent of StrongidT or with Bayer Quad dewormer)
- health examination (performed by a licensed veterinarian at 7-8 weeks)
- 1st booster vaccination & additional deworming (these are performed by a licensed veterinarian at 7-8 weeks and another deworming given at the same time as the vaccination -- these items are what will be shown on your puppy's health record)
- vaccination schedule (info link will be given)
- Purchase Agreement which includes a 2 year congenital health guarantee (against life-threatening defects)
- health record (record of vaccination and deworming performed by vet at 7-8 weeks)
- birth certificate (showing the puppy's name, the parents of the puppy, the breed of your puppy, and your puppy's date of birth)
- kibble food sample (Instinct® Be Natural™ Real Chicken & Brown Rice for Puppies, enough food for 1 week)
- canned food sample (One 369g can of CANADA FRESH canned food)
- probiotics & information (link will be given / enough for 7 days)
- 1.05 oz packet of "Pumpkin Patch Up" & information (link will be given / made by Weruva)
- Instinct Mixers sample (freeze dried training treat or food topper. May be substituted with another freeze dried brand)
*Below is an EXAMPLE of what you could get in your PUPPY STARTER KIT to give you a visual of the items we list above!
*PLEASE NOTE that we've gone paperless and the information print outs shown on the left of the photo below will be available to you on our website (we'll give you the exclusive link)!
Everyone will receive a link to our Exclusive Online "Taking Puppy Home Instructional" that covers a wide range of topics for care and training that you will encounter in the first week in your home (and beyond)! The instructional will help set you up for success in training your puppy! By having the instructional online it not only allows us to "go green" and send puppy owners home with less paper in their Puppy Starter Kits, but it allows new puppy owners to access the instructional from the comfort of their own homes prior to taking their puppy home (which permits them to prepare) and they can refer back to it whenever necessary! Puppy Pick Ups will be scheduled at 11:00 AM and/or 2:00 PM on the day the puppies turn 8 weeks of age, or the next closest weekend available for pick-up (to be determined by Pleasant Meadows).
IF YOU WERE TO BUY THESE ITEMS OR A SIMILAR SELECTION OF DOG SUPPLIES YOURSELF AT LOCAL PET STORES OR EVEN AMAZON -- THE PUPPY STARTER KIT ITEMS EQUATE TO AN APPROXIMATE VALUE OF:
$140 to $150
THAT WE SEND HOME WITH EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR PUPPIES TO ENSURE THAT OUR PUPPIES HAVE THE
BEST POSSIBLE START IN YOUR HOME!
Please Note: The items in our Puppy Starter Kits are subject to change based on the availability of items in stores while we are assembling your Puppy Starter Kit.