Coming Up Next:
WE NOW OFFER SKYPE VIDEO CALLS
For choosing time at 5-6 weeks of age, we now offer Skype Video Calls to help families choose their puppy! A lot of families kept requesting Skype calls and so we finally gave it a try with our spring litters and it was a roaring success! You can easily view the puppies, see where they have been raised, and see the parents in their true relaxed form. We found that families were able to choose quickly, easily, and decisively based upon the temperament of the available puppies, and the additional information we provide about each one. Often families have a hard time choosing in person because it can be a little bit overwhelming with all the cute puppies around. This can make the process drawn out and the mom and puppies can get stressed from all the activity. We are hoping that a good majority of our families will take advantage of the usefulness of Skype. As a side note, taking advantage of Skype can also save families the exasperation of inching through Toronto traffic and spending anywhere from 6-10 hours away from home (including traffic and visit time).
While Skyping with us to view the puppies, please be sure to hit the VIDEO button when you answer our call (as indicated in the red box)! This allows us to see you at the same that you see us and the puppies! This really helps us to see your reactions to specific puppies for helping to match you to the right puppy and to be able to meet "face to face" is preferred and helps make the Skype call a little more interactive! Thank you!
All of our puppies will be sent home with the following:
Our complimentary Puppy Starter Kits are sent home with each of our puppies as our way of saying THANK YOU for giving one of our puppies a wonderful home! We want all of our puppies to have a smooth transition from our home to yours, and this is one way that we can help out! We also list what our puppies are exposed to for socialization and training at the bare minimum!
- food & water feeding station (food and water dish on a stand)
- measuring cup (so you don't have to use your personal kitchen supplies for dog food)
- collar & leash (small size for 2-6 months)
- waste pick-up bags (a roll or two, and sometimes a dispenser as well)
- wire crate (24" to 36" crate depending on your puppy's estimated adult size)
- scent blanket (scent of siblings to help your puppy sleep the first few nights)
- puppy training tips (online link will be given)
- compulsory "Taking Puppy Home" Online Instructional that will help prepare you for the care and training aspects of your puppy (exclusive online link will be given to you that is continually updated with new information and tips to give everyone an informative resource to refer back to as needed)
- lifetime breeder support (you can contact us for advise any time throughout your puppy's life!)
- dewormed by breeder at 2, 4, & 6 weeks of age (dewormed with Pyrantel Pamoate which is an equivalent of StrongidT or with Bayer Quad dewormer or Drontal)
- health examination (performed by a licensed veterinarian at 7-8 weeks)
- 1st booster vaccination & additional deworming (these are performed by a licensed veterinarian at 7-8 weeks and another deworming given at the same time as the vaccination -- these items are what will be shown on your puppy's health record)
- vaccination schedule (info link will be given)
- Purchase Agreement which includes a 2 year congenital health guarantee (against life-threatening defects)
- health record (record of vaccination and deworming performed by vet at 7-8 weeks)
- birth certificate (showing the puppy's name, the parents of the puppy, the breed of your puppy, and your puppy's date of birth)
- kibble food sample (Inception Pork Recipe ~ ALL LIFE STAGES / ONE 4 lb bag)
- canned food sample (ONE 13.2 oz can of Permforatrin Puppy.)
- probiotics & information (link will be given / enough for 7 days)
- Nutrical Gel & information (link will be given / enough for 5 days)
- Nutrivet Digestive Supplement Fresh Pumpkin Superblend (info link will be given / 15 oz can of pumpkin)
- freeze-dried training treat (freeze dried training treat, brand may vary.)
- stuffed animal or crinkle toy (at least one of these items)
- Nylabone chew or Kong chew toy (at least one of these items or sometimes both)
- ball (a ball or a small package of balls)
- nail clippers (you will receive a nail clipper and your puppy's nails will be trimmed)
- brush (you will receive a brush and your puppy will be brushed)
- shampoo (you will receive shampoo formulated for a puppy's skin & fur and your puppy will be used to baths)
- paw butter (protection for your puppy's paws from natures elements)
5. Thermal stimulation: Use a damp towel that has been cooled in a refrigerator for at least five minutes. Place the pup on the towel, feet down. Do not restrain it from moving. Time of stimulation 3 to 5 seconds. (Figure 5)
1. Tactical stimulation (between toes): Holding the pup in one hand, the handler gently stimulates (tickles) the pup between the toes on any one foot using a Q-tip. It is not necessary to see that the pup is feeling the tickle. Time of stimulation 3 to 5 seconds. (Figure 1)
2. Head held erect: Using both hands, the pup is held perpendicular to the ground, (straight up), so that its head is directly above its tail. This is an upwards position. Time of stimulation 3 to 5 seconds. (Figure 2)
- extensive socialization (our puppies are exposed to many sights and sounds that your puppy will hear in a typical household like vacuuming, pots and pans clanging, phones ringing, doors opening and closing. And we also go above and beyond to expose them to things out of the ordinary like thunderstorm sounds, fireworks, train horns, sirens.)
- potty training (our puppies go home having been well started on pee-pad OR grass pad training and will be exposed to the outside world around 6-8 weeks of age)
- crate training (our puppies are all exposed to the crate -- both wire and plastic -- for sleeping purposes at night time where they sleep together as a group for comfort to make the crate feel like a safe den area)
- general command training (around the 6-7 week mark we start teaching the puppies to "sit" and sometimes "lay down" solely depending on each puppy's individual progression. We use positive reinforcement and reward the puppies with verbal praise and a treat to solidify the desired skill)
- vehicle ride (our vet is 1 hour away and therefore the puppies will have a minimum of a 2 hour vehicle ride at 7-8 weeks of age which allows us to expose the puppies to the motion of the vehicle over an extended period of time and it typically allows us to predict if any puppies will experience motion sickness on the vehicle ride home. This also serves as extra exposure to the crate in a completely new situation for the puppies)
Puppy Socialization & Training:
- handled daily from birth onward (our puppies feel our hands from the moment they take their first breath as we care for them, cuddle them, play with them, and love them!)
- Puppy Culture Bi-Sensor Program (please see video and scroll through diagram for information)
*Below is an EXAMPLE of what you could get in your PUPPY STARTER KIT to give you a visual of the items we list above!
*PLEASE NOTE that since we have "paperless" to reduce the amount of paper product sent home with each puppy, there will be links on our Taking Puppy Home Online Instrutional for the following: vaccination schedule, feeding guide, probiotics information, pumpkin puree information, puppy training tips. And our Taking Home Puppy Online Instructional covers EVERYTHING you will need for training and general care of your puppy for the 1st year of life.
Everyone will receive a link to our Exclusive Online "Taking Puppy Home Instructional" that covers a wide range of topics for care and training that you will encounter in the first week in your home (and beyond)! The instructional will help set you up for success in training your puppy! By having the instructional online it not only allows us to "go green" and send puppy owners home with less paper in their Puppy Starter Kits, but it allows new puppy owners to access the instructional from the comfort of their own homes prior to taking their puppy home (which permits them to prepare) and they can refer back to it whenever necessary! Puppy Pick Ups will be scheduled at 11:00 AM and/or 2:00 PM on the day the puppies turn 8 weeks of age, or the next closest weekend available for pick-up (to be determined by Pleasant Meadows).
IF YOU WERE TO BUY THESE ITEMS OR A SIMILAR SELECTION OF DOG SUPPLIES YOURSELF AT LOCAL PET STORES OR EVEN AMAZON -- THE PUPPY STARTER KIT ITEMS EQUATE TO AN APPROXIMATE VALUE OF:
THAT WE SEND HOME WITH EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR PUPPIES TO ENSURE THAT OUR PUPPIES HAVE THE
BEST POSSIBLE START IN YOUR HOME!
Please Note: The items and brands shown in our Puppy Starter Kits are subject to change based on the availability of items in stores or online while we are assembling your Puppy Starter Kit.