PLEASE CLICK ON EACH SECTION TO JUMP TO THE CORRELATING PAGE!
Due to the potential risks of exposure to the coronavirus pandemic we are practising accountability and responsibility and are strictly adhering to the social distancing policy.
For any current and/or upcoming litters, we will NOT be having any visitors or customers coming onto our property or into our home! We are implementing the following safety procedures until further notice:
1. Families will choose a puppy at the 5-6 week mark via Skype Video Call ONLY! We will, of course, continue with our usual procedures of posting puppy updates at birth, and at 2, 4, 6, and 8 weeks of age which will include photos with a detailed update of what the puppies have experienced for socialization and care, and periodic videos along the way. Many families in the past have already chosen their puppies via Skype Video Calls, and so this is something that we are comfortable and confident doing to help match each family to a puppy. All of our puppies to date are still in the original homes we have placed them in!
2. Also at the 5-6 week mark, we will ask families to choose a crate from a prescribed list of options we will provide you with based on our recommendations for wire and plastic crates. You will need to purchase this crate from us and the crate will serve as a safe receptacle that we can place your puppy in at the time of puppy pick up. And, of course, you get to take the crate home with your puppy to use in your home.
3. At 7 weeks of age, we will email each family a signed copy of our Purchase Agreement for it to then be printed off, filled out and signed by you (the Buyer). The Purchase Agreement can either be scanned and emailed back to us, or you can take a picture of the Purchase Agreement to send back via email. For our records, we only need the last page of the Purchase Agreement sent back to us which has your personal contact information and signature to acknowledge agreeing to the Purchase Agreement.
4. All puppies MUST be paid in full via e-transfer a minimum of 24 hours in advance of your scheduled puppy pick up. We will not be accepting cash to avoid hand-to-hand transfers. We will not release a puppy to any family until we have received full payment by e-transfer.
5. Puppies will be picked up at the end of our laneway at our gated entry at 8 weeks of age. The puppy will be placed in a crate which the Buyer will have the opportunity to choose style/type and purchase from us -- Pleasant Meadows -- in advance of 8 weeks of age as stated above. We ask that each family remain in their vehicle until we have securely deposited your new puppy in the crate you chose and purchased and we have placed your puppy's Starter Kit within your reach. Once we have moved back from the gate a safe distance, we will motion you to exit your vehicle and you may then retrieve your puppy, along with the crate you purchased, and your puppy's Starter Kit.
We will still maintain our strict level of exceptional care for our dogs and puppies, and we will also still be available to answer any of your questions regarding the care and training of your puppy. It still remains your responsibility to read through our Online Taking Home Puppy Instructional (link given to those on a list for any current litters) to ensure that you are prepared for caring for and training a puppy.
We acknowledge that these procedures are totally opposite to our typical up-front and personal practices of friendliness and hospitality, and we do apologize for any projections of impersonalness and any inconvenience this may cause to our puppy families. Please realize that social distancing is being enforced in all situations to be fully accountable for our safety and that of our puppy families, as well as, our community, our province, our nation, and the world over!
This notification and its contents are in effect until further notice and removed from our website! Thank you in advance for your understanding and co-operation!